I would like to express my appreciation to all of my awesome students and parents! We received so many donations for our class party and supplies for our classroom. A special thanks to Melanie Barker and Crystal Stott for organizing our Christmas party. Also, a special thanks to Lance Stott and Julie Leigh for contributing to our Third Grade Sing-Around-the-Tree. Lance played the guitar and Julie told the story, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
Here is the plan for the next few weeks:
Math- We are finishing up Chapter 6 and will be testing this Wednesday. Chapter 7 will focus on Division Facts and Strategies.
Times Tables- Please continue practicing at home. We are continually working on pass-offs at school.
Keyboarding- Although we have finished our keyboarding lessons, we will continue practicing those skills a couple of times each week.
Language Arts/Reading- We have started Unit 4 which focuses on Ancient Roman Civilizations. This unit will cover numerous Language Arts Core Standards. Just a few of the goals we strive to reach include:
1. Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text
2. Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea
3. Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect
4. Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text
5. Use information gained from illustrations and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text
6. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
7. Decode words with common Latin suffixes.
Again, these are only a few of the standards addressed during this unit.
This also fits in well with our Social Studies Core Standards.
Science- Along with our Roller Coaster activity, we will be learning about Force & Motion for our science lessons.
Library/Music/P.E. continue as usual.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.