Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September 1st News:
I really enjoyed the "Me Museums"! Thank you for your help at home with them. Our August reading records are now due. Please help your child remember to bring them to school if they haven't already.

We will be having our first store this week. Thank you for the donations that have come in. The students love the store, but it can be quite an expense to do it on my own. Thanks again!
This first store, I am not imposing any grade requirements. After this one, each student will need  80% on their grades to participate. Every Thursday, I plan to have a student-teacher conference where I can help the students make sure they are where they need to be.

CKLA is going well and I am seeing that the students are benefitting from this program. Classic Tales is the topic for the first unit and The Wind in the Willows is the focus story, although we are discussing many stories.

Cursive- We have already learned 7 lower case letters. We will continue working on them in class.

Math- We are on the 2nd lesson of GoMath. Hopefully, you've noticed homework coming home. I plan to send math homework 3 days a week, but normally not on Fridays.
Times Tables- We have worked on Times Tables 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, & 11's.  Please quiz your student on these times tables. We will start pass-offs next month after the students have some time to practice.

Keyboarding- We have had to put off keyboarding because of some technical difficulties. I will let you know when we plan to start.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

No comments: